|Common Alerting Protocol|
© Cybertelecom ::
CAP 1.1 has been adopted as an OASIS Standard.
- CAP is in XML . It is agnostic to message content and communications medium.
- Organization for the Advancement of Structured Information Standards (OASIS) "is a not-for-profit, international consortium that drives the development, convergence, and adoption of e-business standards." OASIS – Who We Are
- OASIS Emergency Management Technical Committee "The mission of the EM TC is to create incident and emergency-related standards for data interoperability. "
- See also Emergency Data Exchange Language (EDXL) Distribution Element, v. 1.0, OASIS Emergency Management TC ( Feb. 14, 2006 ) http://docs.oasis-open.org/emergency/EDXL-DE/V1.0 ("The primary purpose of the Distribution Element is to facilitate the routing of any properly formatted XML emergency message to recipients. The Distribution Element may be thought of as a "container". It provides the information to route "payload" message sets (such as Alerts or Resource Messages), by including key routing information such as distribution type, geography, incident, and sender/recipient IDs.")
Emergency Interoperability Consortium "Working in conjunction with the Emergency Management Technical Committee at OASIS, the EIC has helped produce the first valid Web service standard for the exchange of critical alert information through the Common Alerting Protocol CAP. "
- A partial list of public and private organizations that have implemented CAP
- Presidential Initiatives: Disaster Management
- FCC EAS NPRM which references CAP
- US Department of Justice, Information Technology Initiatives, Global Justice XML Data Model 3.0.3
- CAP Adopters, Implementors, Endorsers
- US Geological Survey
- Earthquake Hazards Program
- Volcano Hazards Program
- Landslide Hazards Program: Advisories
- Federal Geographic Data Committee
- NOAA National Weather Service
- NOAA HAZCOLLECT, HazCollect: Speeding Emergency Messages to the Public (September 30, 2005) Slides
- Oregon Amber Alert Program.
- Center for Disease Control
- Challenges Faced and Tactics Used to Integrate Real-Time State Police CAD Data with the VDOT Richmond District Smart Traffic Center :Lessons Learned Document, Virginia Department of Transportation (Jan. 2005)
- Depart of Energy
- Specific Area Message Encoding (SAME) PDF :: "NWR SAME provides an audio dissemination only digital format for location specification of timely warnings and alerts on hazardous event and weather related events and information. Its greatest value is to significantly improve the automatic selection and distribution of messages about events that threaten people and/or property."
- Internet Protocol Alerting System (IPAS)
- caplib - A Java library for the Common Alerting Protocol (CAP): provides a simple API for generating, parsing and converting Common Alerting Protocol (CAP) XML messages of versions 1.1 and 1.0.
- the CAP Cookbook Incedent.com
- Filtering and Routing of Alert Messages using Common Alerting Protocol (CAP), Eliot Christian, USGS Slides Feb. 2005
- Bill Kalin, Disaster Management eGov Initiative (DM) (Nov. 15, 2005)
- Tom Merkle, CapWIN Standards Manager, OASIS Common Alerting Protocol
- Industry Canada calls for disaster alert mechanism, ITBusiness.ca, June 22, 2006